Saturday, July 8, 2017

Patriotic Shooting Stars


I made this card for my 3 yr old nephew for the holidays but am late posting it.

To make the card, I simply used a large bristle paint brush that was left over from my preschool teaching days which simply means it had no shape left to it at all.  I added some Barn Door and Faded Jeans Distress Inks to my craft sheet and spritzed on some water then mixed the water with the ink using my brush.  When the brush was very saturated, I swiped it once across my watercolor paper.

Products used:  the star from Impression Obsession All in one Frames Circles, Impression Obsession Birthday Edge Toppers

I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge:  Red White and or Blue

and in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by ~ Ann

4 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Your swipes look so perfect,too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome card, Ann. SO fun and patriotic. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation is awesome! Love the beautiful sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again, Ann. You know....I was thinking about this sweet card, and it would be a perfect addition to our July Challenge at Paper Sweeties. I really hope that you will stop by and link up with us. There's SO much fun at Paper Sweeties. I hope to see you there soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, DT Member for Paper Sweeties

    www.papersweeties.com/blog

    ReplyDelete