Sunday, July 2, 2017

Memory Box Fancy Blossoms Thank You



I had this black cut out of the Sue Wilson Atlantic Ocean Collection -- Bermuda die lying on my desk for ages so I thought it was finally time to use it.

I adhered the die cut to a black card base then used a white gel pen to put dots around the edge.  After I did that, I realized it wasn't a very symmetrical die cut.  I used just the outermost frame in this set:


I then cut some of the Memory Box Fancy Blossoms in bright colors to get a tropical look to the flowers and also have them stand out against the black background.


After the flowers were assembled, I used two different Martha Stewart punches for the leaves:  the Frond punch (cut off some leaves) and the Stamp and Punch Flower (also cut off some leaves).

The final step was to add the Sue Wilson Scripted Thank You which I cut out in white and added some yellow enamel dots to the centers of the flowers.

Products used:  Memory Box Fancy Blossoms, Sue Wilson Atlantic Ocean Collection --  Bermuda, Sue Wilson Scripted Thank You, Martha Stewart Frond punch, MS Stamp and Punch Flower.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Those flowers are very striking on the black. Great idea with the gel pen too. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Ann! You always find a new way of using dies. Beautiful and striking with the bold colors, the black and white background is amazing. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Ann! Those flowers really pop against the black background. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete