Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Embossed Wreath


Cuttlebug Mania has a blog challenge going on right now called Embossing which can be seen here:


I'm entering this wreath card in the Embossing Challenge.


I recently had been making a lot of wedding and engagement cards with the new Frantic Stamper Engagement Ring die.  Those cards will be posted shortly.  This is what the Engagement Ring die looks like:



Well when you cut the ring die in your die cutting machine, you are left with a perfect circle from the center of the ring (see photo below).   I had saved all those circles knowing I'd be able to use them somehow on other cards.  

This challenge prompted me to emboss each circle with a different embossing folder and make them into a wreath.  I used 9 different embossing folders for the circles on the wreath, a Tattered Lace Lattice Bow EF which I embossed on silver foil cardstock then manually cut out, and another embossing folder for the background of the card.  That's 11 different embossing folders plus I heat embossed the sentiment in the middle of the wreath.

The sentiment is from the Frantic Stamper Clear Stamp set called Triangle Trees.  

Here's how I made the wreath for the card:

I started off by cutting out a few extra Engagement Ring dies since I needed a few more of the center circles.  Then I cut out a circle frame and adhered the embossed circles accordingly.



After the wreath was fully assembled, I used the white cardstock circle that was leftover from the ring of the wreath and adhered it behind the wreath.  I didn't want embossing on that center circle of the wreath but was going to emboss the background behind the wreath.  Below you can see part of  the Tattered Lace Lattice Bow EF set that I used.


Wish me luck in having this card win the Embossing Challenge........... I'd love to win two challenges in a row with Cuttlebug Mania.  My last card won 2nd place in their Thanks Challenge:





1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant -- and such a great use of scraps and re-purposed dies.

    ReplyDelete